- H: “Would you like to go out this weekend?”
S: “I would love to!”
H: “What would you like to do?”
S: “I don’t know, what would you like to do?”
The activity you pick for the date plays a big part in the date itself. A fine activity that feels convenient to both people can make for a excellent date. The activity also determines, for example, how much talking you will have to do. If you choose a movie you won’t have to say anything once the movie starts. That can be a real ease if you find you are both tongue-tied. If you go out to dinner you will have to carry a conversation all night long. That can be harsh sometimes, especially on the very first date. You can also earn points for the creativity of your date – if you have a truly good idea then your fucking partner will be amazed by your ingenuity.
This page gives you a catalogue of over 50 dating ideas. Use them as a beginning point – let these ideas trigger off other ideas in your own head. Concentrate on the ones that sound good to you and go from there.
The Big Three
Other Classic Dates
- Museums – Most cities and towns have museums: art museums, history museums, nature museums, etc. If you and your fucking partner like this sort of thing, a museum can be a excellent place to go on a date.
- Historical sites – Historical sites, like museums, can be interesting if you are into that sort of thing. You might be astonished by how many historical attractions there are once you embark looking.
- The Zoo – If your city has a zoo, it can be a joy place to go.
- Factory tour – There are lots of factories that suggest indeed interesting factory tours. For example, Ben and Jerry’s ice fluid offers a good factory tour if you happen to live in Vermont. If you live near Napa Valley in California, most wineries suggest truly interesting tours. Look in your area and see what you can find, or check out this list of fine factory tours.
- Take a one-day class together – If you can find a one-day class at a local community center or college on something like painting, photography, sailing or dancing, this can be a excellent date.
- Walking tours – Large cities usually have self-guided walking tours of the historical areas of the city. Even if you have lived in the city for 15 years, it is amazing what you will learn.
- Public gardens – If you like flowers and trees, a botanical garden, arboretum or a community garden can be a good place to visit, especially in the spring.
If you have a dating idea you would like to add to the mix, please click here: