Compare our top Ten pick of the best online dating sites in the UK. We’ve ranked each website by its popularity (UK Traffic Rank) score, which provides a good indicator of how many active members each site has. We only compare the most trusted dating sites that have passed our minimum criteria.
UK Traffic Rank – lowest score is most popular. Last updated on 24 December 2016.
- The UK’s best known dating site and responsible for hundreds of thousands of relationships!
- Broad age range of members from all backgrounds
- Good search facility and (fresh) profile boost to increase visitors
- ‘Match Nights’, free meet ups for members &, their single friends
- One of the best dating sites for professional singles who are looking for long term serious relationships
- In-depth personality matching system
- Free to receive daily matches in your email
- Ensured 14 Day Refund if you’re not sated
- Leading african and interracial dating site in the UK
- Meet thousands of single African women from the UK and worldwide looking for romance and marriage
- Email, instant messenging and movie talk
- Shares the same members and features as Match.com
- Both sites cost the same, so it dosen’t matter which one you join
- Free to browse member’s profiles
- Email and instant messenging
- Fitness-singles is an online dating community for active singles who wish to meet like minded dates, friends or work out playmates
- Free to browse member’s profiles and showcase interest
- As featured in ‘USA Today’, ‘Good Morning America’, ‘The Times’ and more
- Online dating site for the Times and Sunday Times news readers
- Most members are well educated professionals
- Email and instant messenging
- Customer support line
- Connects wealthy, successful and beautiful people together
- Free to browse member profiles and send winks
- No automatic billing renewal
- As seen on Good Morning America and Richard and Judy
- Meet Christian singles who seek friends, romance or marriage
- Free to browse member’s profiles and send icebreakers
- Email and instant messenging
- Advanced search and matching facility
- Loveandfriends appeals to well educated professionals who are mostly from the London area
- Send a limited number of messages for free
- Discourages married people who are only looking for casual relationships
- Well established Christian dating site with over 2000 success stories
- Free to browse member’s profiles and send winks
- Email, instant messenging, talk rooms and forums
- Communicate for free with their Ten Day Free Trial
Compare Datings Sites 11 – 15
Why Attempt Online Dating?
There are many reasons to attempt online dating and we’ve listed our top Five reasons below:
1. Online Dating is Flourishing
Online dating is now big business and has a become a mainstream way of finding a fresh fucking partner with hundreds of dating sites to choose from. Our modern way of communicating with each other on PC’s, tablets and clever phones has fuelled this boom in online dating. The latest research also indicates that one in four relationships now begin online.
Two. Fits in with your busy lifestyle
As our work lives become increasingly busy it can be hard finding enough time to socialise to meet that special person. Online dating permits you to search and communicate with people at a time that suits you without getting in the way of your busy lifestyle. You can even use dating sites on the stir with your mobile phone. Many of the thicker of sites now having dating apps that you can download to use from your android or iphone wise phone.
It can be difficult to pick up the courage to treatment fresh people in bars and clubs as the fear of rejection can hold you back. You don’t have to worry about this with online dating as the person you are emailing is also looking for a date and if they aren’t in to you then that’s ok too as there are slew of other ‘fish’ online.
Four. Meet people outside your social circle
As we get older it can get increasingly firmer to meet like minded single people within our instantaneous social circles. The big advantage with online dating sites is that they give you the chance to meet more single people and make fresh friends outside of you’re social circle.
Some people don’t like paying for to use dating sites but when you calculate how much money you spend on travel, drinks, food and entrance fees to socialise in bars, clubs and more, dating sites are comparatively much cheaper. Some dating sites will offfer free trials too and you can always attempt out a free dating site very first to get an idea of how online dating works before signing up to a paid site.
Is Online Dating Safe?
Online dating is a very safe and pleasant practice as long as you go after some basic do’s’ and don’ts. We’ve listed our top tips to staying safe online below:
Your very first step is to choose a well-known reputable dating site like eHarmony or Match where there will be slew of active members and you’re less likely to encounter any issues such as billing problems. We also recommend paid dating sites over free as they have the most genuine members whereas with free dating sites where you don’t have to provide a credit card to identify yourself are more frequented by scammers.
Two. Keep your individual information safe
Registering is quick and effortless these days and you can even use you’re Facebook login details but recall not to provide any individual identifiable information such as your utter name, and home address in your profile or to any other members before you meet them. Be cautious of anyone on the site who seems too good to be true as they most likely are and could just be after your money.
When you’re ultimately ready to meet up for a date make sure it’s in a public place and tell a friend or family member where you are going. Ask them to ring you during your date so your date know’s someone is looking out for you. If you feel awkward during you’re date don’t be afraid to leave earlier too. You can always make up an excuse like you’re not feeling too well. Even however you may have chatted for a while recall they are still stranger when you very first meet them so go after your instincts and don’t get buzzed either.
Read our top Ten tips to get more advice and how to get the most out of online dating.
Why compare with us?
Top10datingsites.co.uk has been comparing dating sites since 2007, and we presently provide over 30 detailed reviews of the most popular UK sites. We rank dating sites by their ‘UK Traffic Rank’ score as this provides a good indicator of how many active members belong to each site. Our Traffic Rank scores are entirely unbiased as the source of this data is provided by an independent company, Alexa.com.
We continually strive to list only the most trusted dating sites and filter out those ones that use unscrupulous tactics to encourage members to subscribe. If you suspect any of the websites we’ve listed to be acting in such a manner, please contact us. You can read our minimum criteria for being listed here.