We usually use the internet for many things nowadays: we attempt to work, read the news, keep in touch with others, pay bills, etc. But in the past few years, some of us are also attempting to find their better half online. Without doubt, this is a swift growing trend as we have less time to go out and unwind – and also to meet someone fresh in this accelerated world.
In the following you can read some joy and interesting facts, tips and statistics about online dating and relationships in general that can be found on the internet. I hope that a few of these will surprise you – as they astonished me too – and some will make you laugh.
Of course I can’t assure that these figures are 100% sure and reliable (some of these could have been just made up by some people who say they are scientists – no offense), so read these points by bearing this in mind. Have joy!
Here We Go
1. Best very first date: have a drink somewhere, and maybe dinner afterwards.
Two. On the very first date a restaurant is always a good choice, surveys showcase that Italian restaurants are the most preferred on these occasions.
Three. Most significant to people in an online profile are the’About me’ (55%) and the ‘Pictures’ section (45%). So sometimes pictures truly worth a thousand words.
Four. Despite this, about one third of online daters do not upload a profile picture to their online dating profile.
Five. People who do upload a picture are better be uploading photos with which they can enhance their qualities and make themselves unique – meantime they still look attractive of course. Pictures about hobbies can give a superb spark to conversations when meeting each other in person.
6. After the ‘About me’ and the ‘Pictures’ section on a dating profile the most significant for online daters is the geographical location and the age of the potential fucking partner.
7. When looking for a potential playmate online, some of the most significant dealbreakers are: smoking, drinking, political views, religious views, education, racial background and children.
8. 51% of all online dating people are in a relationship, only 21% are truly single and 11% are married.
9. 80% of online daters know someone who found love on the internet – this is a fine motivation for most of them.
Ten. About 50% of all people on the world know someone who dated someone they met on the internet. Out of them, about 30% knows more than one person.
11. 9% of online daters are registered on Trio or more online dating sites.
12. The average time of courtship before marriage is much shorter when two people meet online than in person (online: Legal months, offline: 42 months).
13. About 10% of the population use online dating sites to find love.
14. In 2010 17% of married couples met online.
15. In the UK the volume of Google searches on mobile phones about dating grew by more than 200% year by year since 2008.
16. 36% of adults admit that they broke up with someone because of their looks – out of this: 31% of studs and 12% of women dumped their playmate because they were overweight.
17. There are about Three million very first dates every day on the entire world.
Legal. The Three main reasons of break-ups: 1: lost interest, Two: distance, Trio: cheating.
Nineteen. 56% of all adults claim to have an unhappy lovemaking life.
20. Five,4% of adult people die without ever getting married.
21. Chinese people use online dating sites the most (aound 140 million people) – more than the rest of the world combined.
22. eHarmony and Match.com are two of the most known dating sites on the entire world.
23. Some surveys in the USA state the average age of an online dater is 48 years, meantime other statistics demonstrate that almost 50% of all online daters aged inbetween 18-34 – I guess this latter one is much closer to the truth.
24. About 52% of online daters are masculine, 48% are female – so we certainly can’t say it is a sausage fest :)!
25. One out of Ten users (so 10%!) are only present on dating sites to scam others.
26. One out of Ten users deletes their profile within Three months.
27. In the USA, women lie the most about: 1. weight, Two. overall outlook, Three. age – on their online dating profile.
28. In the USA, dudes lie the most about: 1. age, Two. height, Trio. income – on their online dating profile.
29. In general on the entire world: guys tend to lie a lot about how many playmates they had and what kind of relationship are they looking for in their online dating profiles.
30. On average, women lie less on their online dating profile than guys do.
31. One out of Trio women who met someone online had hook-up on the very first date – and 80% of them did not use protection!
32. One out of Ten hookup offenders use online dating to meet other people – so beware! Also, about 3% of online dating guys are psychopaths. Still, we can’t say that online dating is dangerous – at least it is not more dangerous than ‘regular’ dating.
33. Many women who use online dating are most afraid to meet one of the above mentioned weirdos and/or serial killers.
34. Meantime dudes said they are afraid of commitment and of women who won’t permit them free time or to meet with their friends whenever they want.
35. Fresh couples usually tend to wait 6-8 dates until they ’get to know each other better’ – if you know what I mean :).
36. Fresh couples usually break up in 3-5 months after they got together.
Share your ideas!
Please feel free to comment on this hub, your feedback is very much appreciated!
Or, if you feel that you can write fresh, fresh ideas about this or a similar topic, just join our community and embark writing!
© Copyright 2012-2014, Zsofia Koszegi-Nagy (zsobig)
The 411 on Online Dating and the Transition to a Relationship
by Tamara Wilhite Four
Tips for Creating an Online Dating Profile
by Tori Canonge 11
Top Ten Online Dating Games: Date Simulation on Virtual Worlds
by Rui Carreira 0
6 Reasons Why Looking for a Relationship Online Is a Bad Idea
by Carolyn Dahl 94
Online Dating Cons and Scams
by Marcy Goodfleisch 96
How to Talk to a Damsel Online: Proven Openers
by PoeticPhilosophy 70
The Best Dating Sites for Geeks and Nerds
Share your opinion!
A wonderful synopsis about on-line dating. #8 indeed got my attention. Yikes!! Regarding women lounging about their weight, it makes sense. My brother has said that out of all the women he has dated on-line, none were the weight they claimed to be. In other words, their pic were either old or photo-shopped. Ladies, you truly need to fess up. He’s gonna see you in person, so you may as well tell the truth beforehand!
I live in Ireland and have little success with online dating in my home country . They are just nosey and looking for talk usually.I travel to Asia to meet women from online dating sites.
buscarpareja Four years ago
Wow, that is a truly nice article. As an online dating website, there was a lot of facts that we didn’t know about. Thanks for sharing it.
Sophie Five years ago from United Kingdom
Yay, nice, blessed anniversary then! 🙂
Even I know many people who found love on the internet (including myself) and all of these couples are on the right track: they are either married or are planning the wedding.
And I am married for almost Two,Five weeks now :). So long live the internet! 🙂
Cogerson Five years ago from Virginia
Well I met my wifey via. Yahoo Personals. that was 7 years ago. and two kids ago. we just celebrated our anniversary last Friday(August 3rd). and we are still going strong. So I hope this will add to the 80% of people that know about somebody falling in love on the internet(#9). awesome hub.
Copyright ©, 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages ®, is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with fucking partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
Connect with us
Copyright ©, 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.